Who: Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Culture
What: MLK Day Celebration 2018
Where: Reginald F. Lewis Museum, 830 E. Pratt St., Baltimore, MD
When: Monday, January 15, 2018 – Noon to 4pm
- Freedom Square Quilting with Quilter Joan Gaither .
- Genealogy Sessions: Tracing Your Family Roots
- High School Jury Art Show Ceremony .
- MLK STEP Salute by the Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women Step Team
- MLK Poetry Reading by Isaiah Washington (Video)
- Musical Concert: “Man of Peace: The 50th Anniversary of the Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.”
- Film Screening: STEP
- Stopping Violence in Our City – Community Discussion
Admission: $5 for All – lewismuseum.org for details
About the Reginald F. Lewis Museum
The Reginald F. Lewis Museum is Maryland’s largest museum dedicated to the State’s African American experience. A Smithsonian affiliate, the museum engages visitors through its permanent and special exhibitions, resource center, as well as programs such as its film series, live music performances, and family programming. Talks & Thoughts is a new community-centric public forum offering barbershop-style open discourse on current events that have an impact on the African American community. For more information visit www.lewismuseum.org and follow us on IG/ Twitter @lewismuseum.